Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crucial pieces

Not a day goes by where I do not stop and admire nature's simplistic beauty displayed in her ever-changing gallery.  Some of the most intricate designs are comprised of many parts that are all crucial to the whole. 
I am so excited about this grapevine ball that hangs on my porch.  I made it  using no wires or twine to keep the shape - each part of the structure depends upon the other pieces to hold it together.  I love how I can look at it against the sky and see new interactions among the individual branches and tendrils each time I pass by. 
When individuals come together who share a common passion, in spite of unique backgrounds, beautiful results always transpire.  The Granite Mountain Hot Shots came to work as 20 individuals and executed their jobs as a unified team, with passion and interactions that were every bit as sophisticated as those in nature.  My thoughts and prayers continue to drift toward the lone survivor of the team, as well as loved ones left behind.  They have all lost crucial pieces of their hearts.



Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  John 15:13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment